1) Where can my child get free one on one help?
- AHS Math Tutoring Center V-205. (before school, lunchtime and 6th period)
- Support Period, L-5, 7:50am, show up early
- Ask the Media Center about their schedule for all subjects
2) How do I check my child’s grade?
- Aeries Portal Site
- I do not have your login credentials. Please ask the counseling department.
3) Why does my child have a ZERO for a in-class problems/quizzes?
- Thoughts and info about quizzes:
- Over the course of a semester, we take dozens of quizzes.
- Most days, quizzes are just one problem.
- Most days, we take “ALL OR NOTHING” quizzes, (100% or 0%) meaning no partial credit.
- For the most part, quizzes are NOT small versions of tests
- Most quizzes are incredibly short with instant feedback for the student and myself related to that days’ lesson.
- By the end of the semester, it is very common for students to have a much higher quiz average than their test average. When the material is fresh and basic, students do very well initially.
- Tests are more demanding than quizzes covering more material over a long period of time.
4) When is homework checked?
- Homework is worth 0% but if a student does ALL of the HW, Textbook Reviews, they will get a 5% test bonus. There is no partial credit for this bonus.
- HW will be assigned as soon as we teach that corresponding section.
- All HW assignments can be found on the class website.
- It is nearly impossible to pass without practicing through the HW.
- On the day of the test, we collect HW Notebooks from the students who have completed all HW and reviews.
5) When is the next test?
- Look for the link Class Calendars near the top right margin.
- If you have a Google Calendar, you can import this calendar into your own calendar program.
6) What can we do to help my child prepare learn and prepare?
- Click on the link that says "LEARNING AND PREPARING." I list several resources for success.
7) Are you thinking, "I get lots of e-mails from Mr. Keays but it looks like he is addressing the students."
- If you see an e-mail which starts, "Hey Class," That means, I sent a mass e-mail to the students and all of the parents got a copy.
- If you see an e-mail which starts, "Hey Parents," That means, I sent a mass e-mail ONLY to the parents and NOT to the students.
8) Do you have a class wishlist where the school's budget comes up short? Yes. Please e-mail me to check if these items have been purchased or for any additional details. Thanks for reading.
- Table cleaner and paper towels
- Spray Air Fresheners
- A Chromecast
- Lots of Post-it notes for student activities
- 50 rolls of masking tape….cheapest available, 1 inch thick
- Fathom Software for AP STAT
- Snap Circuits Board Games
- 16, 4 by 2 plastic ceiling panels and space decor. $960
- 3 large spools of coated fishing line, Zipline Projects
- Brother P-touch Label Refill
- Money for 3 AP Prep Books
- 1 new black table to match the other tables in the room ($160)
- Class set of state of the art TI Nspire Calculators
- Soundbar for TV
- 2 Large Plastic Containers which can be stacked. 18 inches deep or so. Target has some purple containers which we like.
- Large Fan for our hot weather days. Quiet, powerful and not bulky. Moving the air makes a huge difference on the days where out AC is not working.
- I'm trying to create a place to store our whiteboards and other supplies underneath our 20 tables with clips and slim containers (Home Depot estimate $200.
- C.U.E. Education Conference (estimate $2000)
- Google Educator Summit Conference (estimate $2000)